F1 induction – useful resources
As a new doctor, we know you’ll have lots of information to absorb. Here you’ll find some key resources and sources of support, to help you as your start your career.
Welcome to FY1 - Advice and guidance video transcript.
- Tips for new doctors – we’ve worked with doctors to develop tips and advice for those new to practice.
- Ethical guidance for doctors – here you can find Good medical practice, our core ethical guidance for all doctors, along with our other guidance which cover topics like confidentiality, consent and end of life care. Our ethical hub also includes resources to help doctors with issues they often ask us about. And our learning materials section has all our case studies, decision tools, flowcharts and videos.
- Coronavirus: Your frequently asked questions – answers to commonly asked questions about practising during an emergency.
- Outcomes for provisionally registered doctors – our standards that set out the knowledge, skills and behaviours you need to achieve during Foundation Year One.
- Welcomed and valued – our guidance on supporting disabled learners in medical education and training.
- Meet our outreach team – our outreach team works across the UK to improve doctors’ understanding of our guidance. They promote our standards and work with the health services in all four countries of the UK to understand issues faced at a local level.
- Get in touch – we know sometimes you'll need to contact us. You can message us, use web chat, call or email us.