How do you book or cancel a PLAB 2 place?
- What is the PLAB 2 exam?
- How will you be tested?
- When and where can you take PLAB 2?
- How do you book or cancel a place?
- What resources should you use?
- A sample OSCE station
- What reasonable adjustments can we make?
- What can you expect on the day?
- How the PLAB 2 test has changed during coronavirus COVID 19
Before you book a PLAB exam you must have:
- recently passed PLAB 1 within three years (from March 2018)
Book using your GMC Online account
Go to GMC Online. You can view available dates and book under the 'My Tests' section.
How much does it cost?
The fee for the PLAB 2 is shown below.
Part 2 of the PLAB test:
£879 from 1 April 2021
Cancellation fees and refunds
Please see our PLAB cancellation fees.
We will consider giving you a full refund where exceptional circumstances arise that prevent you from attending your exam such as visa refusal, ill health or bereavement.
We’ll also consider giving you a full refund if you are unable to attend your exam due to the following pandemic-related reasons:
- You must self-isolate because you or someone you have been in contact with has COVID symptoms or has a positive test
- Travel restrictions have been introduced since you made your booking that prevent you from attending – you must cancel your booking within 21 days of the restriction being announced for us to consider a full refund
We will ask you to provide evidence of your circumstances before we confirm we can give you a full refund.
If you think your cancellation fee should be refunded please send your reasons and evidence to email@example.com and we will consider this.
Are there any concessions for refugees?
If you are a refugee doctor living in the UK, the fee for part 2 will be reduced by 50% for your first two attempts. Please book the examination online and contact us to arrange a refund.
If you are having trouble booking a test date, please email PLAB@gmc-uk.org for help.