Our plans for releasing PLAB 1 places
On Saturday 10 December 2022 at 10 am (GMT) we’ll release PLAB 1 places for the following dates across all locations:
- 10 August 2023
- 2 November 2023
You’ll need to access GMC Online by 10 am (GMT) using this link (rather than the usual link on the GMC Online web page): https://www.gmc-uk.org/gmc-online-dashboard.
You should expect some waiting time on the day, due to the high demand for places. We’ll provide more information about the booking process by email before 10 December.
Providing English language evidence for the release
You’ll need to provide us with valid English language evidence by midnight (GMT) on 1 December 2022. We will then review this by the end of the day on 7 December 2022 and email you with the outcome. Please do not contact us about your evidence between these dates as we will be unable to provide any further information until we have reviewed this.
Your English language evidence must be less than two years old on the day you sit PLAB 1. If your evidence falls outside of this validity period, you need to re-sit your English language test before you can book your PLAB test. You can read more on our English language evidence pages.
You should make sure:
- Your name, date of birth and scores on your English language test match the information you have provided to the GMC
- If you are providing OET scores, you must give the GMC permission to view your results in your OET portal otherwise we will be unable to verify your evidence
- Once the deadline has passed, we will not review any new evidence that is submitted until after the release day. We will aim to do this by 16 December.
Paying for a place
To make sure you can pay for a place, you’ll need a valid debit or credit card that allows international payments. We accept Visa and Mastercard.
You’ll need the following information about the card before you can pay for a place:
- Full name of cardholder
- The address the card is registered to, including postcode/zip code. If you are asked to enter an address, make sure you use the address that the card is registered to.
- Telephone number and email address linked to the cardholder’s bank account. You may be sent a passcode for security purposes, so make sure that you can access any emails or texts from the bank if you need to.
- Full 16-digit card number
- Card expiry date – month and year
- The 3-digit CVV security number
If you have entered all details correctly and your card is declined, you’ll need to contact your card issuer.
Booking confirmation emails
We'll send you an email confirmation of your booking once it's complete.
If you see an error message or don't get the email confirmation, your booking may not have been successful. If this happens, call us on +44 (0) 161 923 6602 or email the PLAB team quoting code 'PLAB error 1' for more details.