Further advice and support
- Travel restrictions and quarantine for PLAB candidates arriving into the UK
- English language evidence
- Further advice and support
We’re doing everything we can to run PLAB 1 and 2 regularly and safely, and to minimise the impact on candidates as far as we can. We’re working closely with organisations that support overseas doctors so that they have the latest information for you.
Applying for registration
We’re looking at a range of other options to help international medical graduates demonstrate their knowledge and skills. We’ve recently made some changes to the options available for international medical graduates who want to apply for registration with us:
- If you gained your primary medical qualification in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you might not need to take PLAB to join our register.
- We’ve also recently added three overseas registration exams to the list of evidence we accept from doctors to demonstrate knowledge and skill. If you have passed one of these exams in the last two years, you might not need to take PLAB to join our register.
Check your eligibility for both of these new application types on our route finder and follow the instructions on the webpages.
We appreciate that you may have lots of questions, so if you need any other support, please email the PLAB team.
You can also call the British Medical Association’s (BMA) helpline on 0300 123 1233. Advisers can provide direct support and introduce you to other teams who can help, including immigration and wellbeing services. They have also created a COVID-19 hub with practical guidance for international doctors.