Applying for registration with enforceable community rights

What are enforceable community rights?

Enforceable community rights mean that, in some certain circumstances, people have the right to move and live freely within the European Union and European Economic Area. 

Being an exempt person does not mean you're entitled to be registered. If you apply as an exempt person, you'll need to meet the requirements for registration set down in the legislation at the point at which we assess your application.  

Tell us before you take the PLAB test or apply for registration

If you want to book a place on the PLAB test or apply for registration as an exempt person, tell us before you book a place or apply. This is because we'll need to make a decision about your exempt person status.

To do this, complete and return the relevant form.

A family member is a spouse or civil partner. But in certain circumstances it can also include others, such as long term partners, dependants, widowers and divorcees.

What is a relevant European state?

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

If you're not an exempt person, you can apply for registration with us through our other application routes.

If you need help with exempt person status, you should get professional legal advice.