Physician or anaesthesia registration: overview

If you’re a physician associate (PA) or an anaesthesia associate (AA) who wants to practise in the UK, you’ll need to register with us when regulation starts.

The following chapters of this guide provide registration information based on different circumstances. Please skip to the relevant one for you. This will cover:

  • when to apply
  • how to apply
  • the evidence you’ll need to apply
  • recertification/revalidation

The information on these pages is subject to the outcome of consultation.

How do I join the FPA or RCoA voluntary register?

You can find out more about how to join one of the voluntary registers on the Faculty of Physician Associates (FPA) or the Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA) website.

What do you mean by ‘UK-qualified’?

You have received any qualification in Physician Associate, Physician Assistant, Anaesthesia Associate or Physician Assistant (Anaesthesia) studies awarded by a UK university at the level of a postgraduate diploma or above.