Text alternative - I haven't yet practised as a PA in the UK

Physician associates (PAs) who have not practised or qualified in the UK before regulation starts must register with us before they can work. You will need evidence of your knowledge and skills and confirmation of your fitness to practise:

Evidence of knowledge and skills

  • UK PA qualification and PA national exam pass within two years, or
  • Overseas PA qualification that we've recognised and PA national exam pass within two years

Confirmation of your fitness to practise

  • Fitness to practise self-declaration
  • Reference from most recent employer
  • Good standing reference if regulated