Text alternative - I currently work as an AA in the UK or hold a recognised UK AA qualification

Anaesthesia associates (AAs) who practised or qualified in the UK before regulation starts must register with us within two years. You will need evidence of your knowledge and skills and confirmation of your fitness to practise:

Evidence of knowledge and skills

  • Current membership of the UK AA managed voluntary register, or
  • UK AA qualification, or
  • Three years UK experience as a AA and UK-based AA assessment (details to be confirmed)

Confirmation of your fitness to practise

  • Fitness to practise self-declaration
  • Reference from most recent employer
  • Good standing reference if regulated