Text alternative - I currently work as a PA in the UK or hold a recognised UK PA qualification

Physician associates (PAs) who practised or qualified in the UK before regulation starts must register with us within two years. You will need evidence of your knowledge and skills and confirmation of your fitness to practise:

Evidence of knowledge and skills

  • Current membership of the UK PA managed voluntary register, or
  • UK PA qualification and PA national exam pass within six years, or
  • Three years UK experience as a PA and PA national exam pass within two years

Confirmation of your fitness to practise

  • Fitness to practise self-declaration
  • Reference from most recent employer
  • Good standing reference if regulated