Information for patients
What can patients expect of their doctor?
Doctors, and the whole healthcare team, are under intense pressure. The impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) means they might need to deliver care in different ways. They are trying to do their best for all the patients they treat and to protect the health of the public.
Much non-urgent care will be delayed, while members of the healthcare team will likely work in different ways to their usual practice.
Doctors are still accountable for the decisions they make. They’re expected to do their best in extraordinary circumstances to deliver good care and follow our guidance. They should treat you with dignity and respect, listen to your concerns and discuss options with you.
You can help by:
- following the latest advice on the
- following the latest UK government advice at GOV.UK
- seeking alternative sources of help where appropriate
- being understanding of the pressure on doctors and healthcare staff
- treating all NHS staff with respect.