If you want to apply for GP or specialist registration in the UK
- If you have an EEA or Swiss primary medical qualification and want to apply for registration in the UK
- If you have a primary medical qualification from outside the UK, EEA and Switzerland and want to apply for registration in the UK
- If you want to apply for GP or specialist registration in the UK
- If you've already submitted your application and are waiting for the outcome from us
If you want to apply for GP or specialist registration in the UK, it's your medical qualifications – not your nationality – that will determine what evidence you need to give us. For full details about what you need to do, use our route finder.
In summary, you’ll need to:
- check if your specialist or GP qualifications are relevant European qualifications. If they are, you’ll be eligible to apply for specialist or GP registration on the basis of holding a relevant European qualification
- apply for specialist or GP registration via our Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) or Certificate of Eligibility for General Practice Registration (CEGPR) routes if you don’t have a relevant European specialist or GP qualification
- have your qualifications independently verified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- make sure that your insurance and indemnity still provides adequate cover to practise in the UK. You can read more information about this in our insurance and indemnity guidance.