Go to: Main Menu

The Medical Register

Doctors must be registered with a licence to practise with the General Medical Council (GMC) to practise medicine in the UK.

Doctors who practise as honorary, fixed term or substantive consultants in the UK Health Services must be on the Specialist Register. Doctors who practise as GPs in the UK Health Services, other than trainees, must be on the GP Register.

You can check a doctor is on our Register and their registration status using the List of Registered Medical Practitioners. Please note that some smart phones do not support full website functionality and you may need to use a computer.

    Share this page

    More Info

    Jump to: