Reasonable adjustments for disabled patients
Going to the doctor is important, but it can make people feel worried and nervous. If it makes you feel this way, you can get extra support.
There are five things your doctor can do to help.
- Give you the time you need to feel comfortable and ask questions.
- Talk directly to you and use words that you know.
- Make sure you understand what’s happening.
- Arrange your appointment at a time that works for you.
- Show you what they plan to do and ask your permission before touching you.
Before your visit, talk to your doctor about how they can make your visit better for you.