Outcomes for graduates
We set the standards and requirements for all stages of medical education and training in Promoting excellence: standards for medical education and training. And we hold a list of universities entitled to award a medical degree recognised as a UK primary medical qualification.
Outcomes for graduates sets out what newly qualified doctors, from all medical schools who award UK primary medical qualifications, must know and be able to do and is:
- a guide for students on what they need to learn during their time at medical school
- a basis for medical schools to develop their curricula and programmes of learning
- a blueprint or plan for assessments at medical schools
- a framework we use to regulate medical schools
- and a summary of what newly qualified doctors will know and be able to do for those designing postgraduate training.
This content is also available to download
Download Outcomes for graduates in PDF format.