The role of UK and overseas exams in approved curricula
This position statement clarifies the position of exams within GMC approved curricula, in particular exams undertaken outside the UK. This includes exams in European countries and outside Europe. It also covers the subsequent eligibility for GP and specialist registration.
This document covers:
- All doctors in training following a certificate of completion of training (CCT)
- All doctors in training following a certificate of eligibility for specialist registration (combined programme)
- Doctors applying for a full CESR.
- Doctors in training undertaking recruitment into specialty training
- Doctors at the beginning of core or specialty training (CT/ST1)
- Doctors at the beginning of higher specialty training (ST3) or at any points further into the training programme
- Royal colleges and faculties when considering exams that form part assessments for curricula, exemptions from parts of exams and when providing guidance to prospective trainees
- Educational Supervisors.
This position statement doesn't cover doctors in general practice training.