Equality and diversity guidance for curricula and assessment systems
This guide explains the principles for the equality and diversity evidence we need to approve changes to curricula, examinations and assessment systems, and is supplementary to the equality and diversity information provided in Promoting excellence: Standards for curricula and assessment systems.
These principles are relevant for people involved in making or agreeing decisions about the changes. This includes appropriate clinical and non-clinical staff and external advisers.
Inside this guidance
- Our legal responsibilities
- Equality and diversity requirements
- Assessing impact
- Identifying potential discrimination
- Action planning and monitoring
- Reasonable adjustments
- Case studies
- Annex A: Template for providing equality and diversity evidence
- Annex B: The statutory framework
- Annex C: Collecting data on equality and diversity
- Annex D: Glossary