During the survey
Reviewing and approving data change requests in GMC Connect
Deaneries and HEE local offices are responsible for ensuring your trainees' training information is accurate.
We don't need to approve your decisions – the decision goes immediately back to the doctor.
Data change requests from trainees will fall into two categories, depending on which data variables they have requested to change.
- Priority 1 (changes to deanery/HEE local office, 1st Programme and training level) – change requests that must be resolved before the trainee can continue with the survey, as they affect the questions that will be presented to the doctor.
- Priority 2 (all other values) – change requests that must be resolved before the survey closes, but do not prevent the trainee from continuing with the survey.
Trainers’ data changes are also managed through GMC Connect and they can all be treated as priority 2.
Deaneries and HEE local offices can exclude records at any time – not just in response to a trainee request. But you must give a valid exclusion reason.
Adding trainees and trainers who were not in your original data submission
Additional trainees or trainers can be uploaded using GMC Connect. Deaneries and HEE local offices need to check new records in the validation tool we have provided to make sure they will upload.
If you need to add a trainer please contact us.
Managing survey comments
The process for managing survey comments for 2018 is as follows.
- You receive comments live during the survey window – as soon as they are raised by respondents.
- You have until 4 July 2018 to investigate and respond to comments through GMC Connect.
- We review your comments to make sure appropriate action is being taken.
- We send you formal feedback.
Find more information on managing survey comments in briefing note 4 on our NTS documents page.
Please note there are no free text questions for trainers.