Working with doctors Working for patients


You must submit a complete and accurate translation of every document that is not in English, along with the document in its original language.

We strongly advise you to obtain translations from commercial translation services or from court/council appointed translators. Here are the contact details of some commercial translation services:

Please remember that these are only examples and are listed in no particular order. You are free to use another commercial translation service. But we recommend that you check that it has a generally recognised professional accreditation, or membership of a relevant professional or trade association. In the UK, professional associations of translators include:

All three provide online directories of their members, which you may find helpful.

We advise that translated documents bear the contact details of the translation service or translator.

You must provide a copy of the document that has been translated. This should be attached to the translation and we recommend that this is also stamped and signed by the translation service.