If you need advice

Local Health Boards and PALS

Each local health board has a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) that will listen to your concerns, offer advice and information, and help resolve your issues informally. You can contact your health board and ask for PALS, or search on the relevant health board’s website.

The Board of Community Health Councils in Wales

The Board of Community Health Councils in Wales provides help, advice and support to people who wish to make a complaint about the care that they have received from NHS Services.

Find the contact details of your local CHC or call 02920 235 558.

Community Advice and Listening Line (CALL)

CALL is a free, confidential line or text service that provides advice and support to people with mental health conditions or dementia.

They can be reached on 0800 132737, or text 'help' to 81066.

Making a complaint

About your NHS care

If you’re not happy with the response of a local organisation after you have contacted them, you can make your complaint to NHS Wales, who will look into your complaint for you.

If you’re unhappy with the NHS response you can contact the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales. They will look at your complaint and decide whether to investigate it.

About your private care

You should complain about your private care with Healthcare Inspectorate Wales.

Getting help with your complaint

The Citizens Advice Bureau can also offer help raising concerns about your healthcare and how to take your complaint forward if you live in Wales.

Find the contact details of your nearest CAB bureau