Disclosing patient information - case study
- You're in your first year of a specialist registrar programme in cardiology.
- You're studying for your membership examination for the Royal College of Physicians.
- You're part of a study group of other SpRs who attend teaching seminars. You also share learning experiences to support each other while revising for the examinations.
- Your consultant is Dr McIntosh.
- Mr Fitz is the on-call registrar.
- In your ward round, you see Mr Denby. He is a 45-year-old man who has been admitted with unstable angina.
- Mr Denby also has neurofibromatosis and has the distinctive skin manifestations of this condition, café au lait spots and small swellings (neurofibromata) under the skin.