Chief Executive Steering Group Survey 2014
What were the key findings?
This survey gathered comparable data on key statistics from the UK health regulators in three key areas:
- Number of registrants.
- Number of enquiries, complaints and investigated complaint.
- Number of serious outcomes.
The regulators who contributed to the survey included:
- General Chiropractic Council
- General Dental Council
- General Optical Council
- General Medical Council
- General Osteopathic Council
- General Pharmaceutical Council
- Health and Care Professionals Council
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Pharmaceutical Council of Northern Ireland.
Why did we commission this research?
The survey was carried out for report and discussion at the Chief Executive Steering Group (CESG). The CESG meets regularly and includes the Chief Executives from the following UK health regulators: General Chiropractic Council, General Dental Council, General Medical Council, General Optical Council, General Osteopathic Council, General Pharmaceutical Council, Health and Care Professionals Council, Nursing and Midwifery Council, Pharmaceutical Council of Northern Ireland.
What did the research involve?
The 2014 survey was designed with input from the UK health regulators to gather key comparable data on registrants, enquiries and complaints and serious outcomes.