Scotland UK Advisory Forum
Our Scotland UK Advisory Forum helps us make sure our regulatory approach takes into account the needs and the characteristics of the Scottish healthcare system.
The forum offers us an extra channel to engage with our partners and key interest groups in the country. Through the forum we share and discuss early stage views on policy development. This allows us to focus on medium and long-term priorities in dialogue with our partners in Scotland.
What's been discussed?
When is the next Forum?
- Wednesday 14 March
- Tuesday 30 October
Who sits on the Forum?
- Shaben Begum (Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance)
- Professor Derek Bell (Scottish Academy of Medical Royal Colleges and Faculties)
- Peter Bennie (British Medical Association)
- Jason Birch (Scottish Government Health and Social Care Directorates)
- Dr Catherine Calderwood (Chief Medical Officer)
- Adam Collins (British Medical Association)
- Nigel Henderson (Health and Social Care Alliance)
- Dr Robert Hendry (Medical Protection Society)
- Dr Stewart Irvine (NHS Education Scotland)
- Chris Kenny (Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland)
- Christine Lang (Citizens Advice Scotland/Patient Advice & Support Service)
- Dave McLeod (Scottish Government Health and Social Care Directorates)
- Mary-Lou Nesbitt (Medical Defence Union)
- Professor Rona Patey (Scottish Board for Academic Medicine)
- Karen Reid (Chief Executive, Care Inspectorate)
- Dr Brian Robson(Healthcare Improvement Scotland)
- Alison Smith (Scottish independent Hospitals Association)
- Dr Iain Wallace (Scottish Association of Medical Directors)