Black and Minority Ethnic Doctors Forum
The BME Doctors' Forum helps us make sure our regulatory work responds to the needs of black and minority ethnic (BME) doctors practising in the UK.
It allows us to discuss key themes and challenges with representatives of BME doctors. The forum’s Chair is former GMC Council member Professor Iqbal Singh OBE.
How the forum contributes to our activities
- The forum gives insights into issues affecting BME doctors that relate to our activities, eg the profile of doctors involved in fitness to practise activities.
- It raises issues with us on behalf of BME and international medical graduate doctors.
- It keeps members and networks informed about the issues discussed.
- The forum acts as a sounding board to inform our policy developments and proposals.
Members of the forum
- African Caribbean Medical Association (ACMA)
- Association of Cameroonian Doctors in the UK (CamDocUK)
- Association of Pakistani Physicians and Surgeons (APPS UK)
- Association of Pakistani Physicians of Northern Europe (APPNE)
- Bangladesh Medical Association in the UK
- British Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (BAPIO)
- British Islamic Medical Association (BIMA)
- British International Doctors Association (BIDA)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- British Medical Association - SAS Doctors
- Jewish Medical Association UK
- Medical Association of Nigerians across Great Britain (MANSAG)
- Muslim Doctors Association (MDA)
- Pakistan Medical Association
- Progressive Muslims Forum
- Women in Surgery / Medical Women's Federation
If you have any questions about the BME forum, please email email@example.com