Black and Minority Ethnic Doctors Forum
The BME Doctors' Forum helps us make sure our regulatory work responds to the needs of black and minority ethnic (BME) doctors practising in the UK.
It allows us to discuss key themes and challenges with representatives of BME doctors. The forum’s Chair is former GMC Council member Professor Iqbal Singh OBE.
How the forum contributes to our activities
- The forum gives insights into issues affecting BME doctors that relate to our activities, eg the profile of doctors involved in fitness to practise activities.
- It raises issues with us on behalf of BME and international medical graduate doctors.
- It keeps members and networks informed about the issues discussed.
- The forum acts as a sounding board to inform our policy developments and proposals.
Members of the forum
- Association of Pakistani Physicians and Surgeons (UK)
- Association of Pakistani Physicians of Northern Europe (APPNE)
- British Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (BAPIO)
- British International Doctors Association (BIDA)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- British Sikh Doctors Organisation (BSDO)
- Egyptian Medical Society
- Indian Medical Association
- Medical Association of Nigerians across Great Britain (MANSAG)
- Progressive Muslims Forum
- Sri-Lankan Medical and Dental Association in the UK
If you have any questions about the BME forum, please email firstname.lastname@example.org