What is the review?
The review will look at:
- what happens after a fatal incident occurs
- the impact of any criminal investigation
- inquiries by a coroner, procurator fiscal or sheriff
- the GMC’s fitness to practise processes
- the outcome of the rapid review into the application of gross negligence manslaughter in healthcare in England and Wales, led by Sir Norman Williams
The working group will develop recommendations to encourage a renewed focus on a just culture, reflective practice, and individual and systemic learning. Their final report will be published in early 2019.