Request a certificate of good standing

A Certificate of Good Standing (CGS) will show whether at the time of issuing, there are any restrictions on a doctor's practice.

We can issue a CGS if you want to work overseas in the near future. We will only send the CGS directly to another appropriate body - for example a healthcare regulator or employer. You should check with the relevant overseas authorities if you need one and the timescales they need to receive it by.

We process requests as quickly as possible, usually within ten working days. But, in case of delay, you should allow as much time as possible for the CGS to be delivered. We will contact you if we are unable to send the CGS for any reason.

Please see our frequently asked questions page for further advice.

How do I request a CGS?

You can request a CGS for an overseas regulator or employer from GMC Online. If you have never been registered, we can't issue a CGS.

Log in to your GMC Online account and from the left hand menu choose ‘My Registration’ and then ‘My CCPS requests’. As well as requesting a new CGS you can also view previous requests you have made.

If you don’t have a GMC Online account, you can find help on our website.