Important guidance for sending in your evidence for registration
Before sending in evidence to support your application, please read the following instructions on how you should present your evidence.
- print the email we send to you which lists the evidence you need to provide. Use this as the first page of your bundle of evidence. Write your name and GMC number clearly at the top of this page.
- sort the documents so they are in the same order set out in the email
- send clear, black and white photocopies, making sure we can read all information
- provide a return address in the UK, when you have been asked to send original documents
- send A4 sized documents where possible
- post all documents to the exact address stated on the email sent by your GMC adviser.
Please do not send:
- photocopies larger than A4 as this makes it difficult for us to scan them
- original documents unless we have asked for them
- any documents that we have not asked for
- original translations – we cannot return these
- framed documents.
Please also do not:
- bind documentation in any way (this includes stapling documents together), as we will have to dismantle it for scanning
- submit your evidence in lever arch folders, plastic sleeves or presentation folders.
Failure to follow the above guidance will result in a delay in processing your evidence.
Documents we will keep
Please bear in mind that we do not normally return these documents:
- certificates of good standing
- compliancy letters
- letters addressed to the GMC
- copies of documents, including certified copies