Web Accessibility Statement - different ways to make our website easier to use
We are committed to ensuring that our website is accessible to everyone by conforming to web accessibility guidelines (Worldwide Web Consortium website). (Opens new window). Information contained on this site can be made available on request, in Braille, on audio cassette tape, on disk and in large print. Wherever possible, we will provide the information in the format or language you require. Please email email@example.com with any specific requirements and we will contact you to discuss them in more detail.
In this section
In this section we provide a range of information to help people access our site. You can find out about:
- having the website content read to you
- how to customise your view of the site including changing the text size, colour, the background colour
- the range of assistive technologies available to people with sensory or physical impairments
- the ways in which the GMC is working to make our online information compliant with accessibility standards
- useful links to further accessibility information.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as we are continually striving to improve the experience for all of our visitors.
Have this site read aloud to you
This site is Browsealoud-enabled. Browsealoud reads web pages aloud for people who find if difficult to read online.
Browsealoud is free and easy to download. Once installed, you will also be able to use it to read aloud all other Browsealoud-enabled websites too.
Find out more about Browsealoud.
Resizing the text
You can change the size of text displayed on the website by adjusting the browser settings. Don’t worry about changing the settings either – it’s easy to do and easy to change back.
Changing the text or background colour
If you are having difficulty reading the black text against a white background, it is possible to change the colours of the text and background by adjusting the browser settings - it’s easy to do and easy to change back.
Note - At the moment Safari does not have any options to change text and background colours.
More help customising your computer to your requirements
If you have not found information here to help you view or navigate our site more easily, a visit to the BBC’s My Web, My Way website (opens new window) might help.
It is an excellent site that provides advice and help to all those people who would benefit from making changes to their browser, operating system, or computer to be able to view and navigate websites more easily.
Helping people access our website using assistive technologies
There are a wide range of assistive technologies available to help people access the information on our website.
In this section we provide a summary of the different technologies and which people they cater for.
The GMC is working to make this web site as accessible to everyone as possible. Read more about the steps we take to make our site accessible.
Useful links and resources
Other useful links have also been included, where appropriate, on related pages.
- Reading PDF content - a guide for people with disabilities (Adobe website).
- AbilityNet - is a national charity helping disabled adults and children to use computers and the internet by adapting and adjusting their technology.
- WebAIM - is an excellent web accessibility resource with news, links and articles.
- RNIB - Web Access Centre.
back to top