You are here:
- About us
- The GMC across the UK: Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
The GMC across the UK: Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
As a UK wide body, the General Medical Council regulates doctors registered in all four countries of the UK.
We have offices in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. They were set up to help us respond to devolution and make sure regulation remains appropriate in all four countries, which increasingly have different health policies and structures.
- Raising awareness of the role and functions of the GMC
- Ensuring the views of all key interest groups are considered in the development of our policy and guidance
- Monitoring developments in health policy, legislation and structures in each country
- Liaising with the Scottish Parliament, Northern Ireland and Welsh Assemblies regarding changes in medical regulation
- Providing a point of contact for all interest groups
- The roll out of our Welcome to UK Practice Programme
Click on the map for country specific information and news